He is Board Certified in Gastroenterology and Obesity medicine, serving patients at Triborough GI in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Staten Island, New York. He is fluent in English and Russian, helping patients of multiple cultural backgrounds understand and navigate their treatment for constipation, heartburn, colon cancer, colitis, and other conditions involving the digestive system.
Dr. Grosman attended medical school at the selective New York Institute of Technology’s New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glen Head, New York. He remained in the state for his residency in internal medicine at North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System. There, he completed fellowships in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
Currently and in the past he is Primary Investigator in multiple clinical studies in gastroenterology and internal medicine. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is commended by his patients for his professionalism and efficiency. He frequently performs colonoscopies and endoscopies to diagnose bowel conditions and then treats them.
- Fellow Teaching Award/2007 Fellow of the year
- Resident Teaching Award/2006 Resident of the year
- Iota chapter of PSI Sigma Alpha, the Honor Society of NYCOM
- Robert Farr Scholarship – For Outstanding Academic Performance
- Continuing Student Study Grant By The Alumni Association
- Alpha Epsilon Delta-The Pre-Medical Honor Society
- I. Grosman, B. Stark, N. Kaushik et al. Novel Approach to Endoscopic Placement of Esophageal Alimaxx Stents without using fluoroscopic guidance. Abstract ACG 2008
- S. Rashid, I. Grosman, N. Kaushik et al. Successful Trans-papillary Drainage of a Hepatic Hydatid Cyst. Novel Approach ACG 2008
- I. Grosman, R. Feldstein, S. Katz et al. Demographics of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Elderly in Outpatient setting, Abstract ACG 2008
- T.P. Lee, S Sood, R Feldstein, I. Grosman et al. Bravo pH Capsule Placement under Direct Vision with Ultraslim Gastroscope. Abstract ACP 2007
- I. Grosman, N. Kaushik et al. Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasia: Comprehensive Review, Gastroenterology Today 2008
- S. Rashid, I. Grosman, B. Stark et al. Case of Endoscopic Ballon Dilation of a Post-Op Colonic Stricture via Colostomy: A Unique Approach. ACP 2007
- L. Bahamonde, I. Grosman, D Bernstein et al. Clinical Challenges and Images in GI. Gastroenterology Journal 2008
- T. Tseng, I. Grosman, D Bernstein et al. MRSA Epiglottitis in Hepatitis C patient on Interferon Therapy. Abstract ACG 2008
- NY Scientific Study
- Heavy Waater/CLL. Dr. Chiorozi NSUH Institute
- Research Technologist, Long Island University, Department of Molecular Biology
- Research on fragile chromosome X and Heat Shock Protein
- Karyotyped and analyzed specimens for genetic chromosomal abnormalities