Nancy Chen, MD, is a board-certified gastroenterologist and internist at Triborough GI, a gastroenterology clinic with locations in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Staten Island, New York. She is able to treat patients of multiple cultural backgrounds and preferences and is fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, and Shanghainese. Dr. Chen is skilled in the treatment of colonic polyps, diarrhea, gallstones, ulcerative colitis, and other diseases of the digestive system.
Dr. Chen earned her medical degree at the prestigious Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago, Illinois. She continued her education and training at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, completing her residency in internal medicine and fellowship training in gastroenterology.
Today, Dr. Chen is an active member of several professional organizations. She continues to further her knowledge in her field with the American Gastroenterological Association, the American College of Gastroenterology, the American College of Physicians, and the American Medical Association.
At Triborough GI, Dr. Chen is excellent at communicating with her patients. She encourages them to participate and make decisions in their care, providing them with the guidance that they need to achieve optimal results.
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Research Award -UMDNJ- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Dean’s List, University Honors – SUNY Stony Brook
- John E, Shor J, Katz K, Khokler S, Chen N, Nagella N. Nonuremic calciphylaxis secondary to decompensated alcoholic liver disease with subsequent renal failure. Poster Presentation at ACG, October 2016.
- Dalal I, Katz K, Chen N. A spontaneous acute flare of chronic hepatitis B without an obvious cause. Poster Presentation at ACG, October 2016.
- Wei CK, Chen N, Ferreira G, Saxena M, Chokhavatia S. Stauffer’s Syndrome with Jaundice. Poster Presentation at ACG, October 2015.
- Watari J, Chen N, Amenta PS, Fukui H, Oshima T, Tomita T, Miwa H, Lim KJ, Das KM. Helicobacter pylori associated chronic gastritis, clinical syndromes, precancerous lesions, and pathogenesis of gastric cancer development. World J Gastroenterol, 2014 May 14; 20(18):5461-73. PMID: 24833876
- Pitchumoni CS, Chen N. Geriatric gastroenterology. Celiac disease chapter 52, page 501-511. Springer New York Heidelberg Dordrecht London 2012. ISBN 978-4419-1622-8
- Chen N, Das KM. In Barrett’s epithelium can there be a “Point of No Return” from metaplastic state to dysplasia? Poster Presentation at DDW, May 2011.
- Chen N, Unnikrishnan IR, Anjana RM, Mohan V, Pitchumoni CS. The complex exocrine-endocrine relationship and secondary diabetes in exocrine pancreatic disorders. J Clin Gastroenterol, 2011 Nov-Dec; 45(10):850-61. PMID: 21897283
- Liu L, Zhang Y, Chen N, Shi X, Tsang B, Yu YH. Up regulation of myocellular DGAT1 augments triglyceride synthesis in skeletal muscle and protects against fat-induced insulin resistance. J Clin Invest. 2007 Jun; 117(6):1679-89. PMID: 17510710
- Chen N, Liu L, Zhang Y, Ginsberg HN, Yu YH. Whole-body insulin resistance in the absence of obesity in FVB mice with overexpression of DGAT1 in adipose tissue. Diabetes, 2005 Dec; 54(12):3379-86. PMID:16306352